1945 – Blackburn opens
In 1945, Chet and Hubert Blackburn began a small family-owned office machine dealership. Founded on the principal that “We service what we sell.” Today, Blackburn Office Equipment has become a premier supplier of office product solutions in Northwest Washington.
1962 – Marv Grunhurd purchases Blackburn
In 1962 Marvin Grunhurd purchased Blackburn Office Equipment and ran the business until 1992. It was then bought by James Olson and Randy Grunhurd and they ran the business together until Jim passed on in 2010. Today Blackburn Office Equipment it owned soley by Randy Grunhurd.
1977 – Moving just down the block
Blackburn Office Equipment moved to its current location at 203 W Chestnut Street in 1977. The red brick building that overlooks Bellingham Bay was formerly the Bellingham American Legion building.
2017 – Focus on furnishings & design
With the sale of it's print and copy machine segment, Blackburn has shifted focus to continuing to provide local businesses with office furnishing and design services. Outfitting and providing design insights to companies with the furniture to help meet business goals, provide ergonomic work conditions and look sharp.